Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 2 - 3 hours
- 5 lbs of potatoes (skin on) - Yukon work the best, your preference
- 2 Sweet onion or red onion
- 2 Yellow squashes
- 2 Zucchinis
- 2 Red & orange bell peppers cut into 1" pieces
- 8 oz. pkg. Baby portabellas sliced
- 8 oz. pkg. Button mushrooms sliced
- 8 oz. pkg. Shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 8 to 10 cloves chopped garlic as much as you like (you can roast this before if you like and mix into the potato mixture)
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 to 4 sticks of Butter
- 1 to 2 lbs bacon (hickory is the best, maple will work)
- Wash the potatoes.
- But potatoes into 1 in. cubes
- Onions cut into slices.
- Yellow squash and the zucchini 1in. cubes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Mix the potatoes, onion, garlic, peppers and mushrooms in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil to coat then season with salt and pepper to taste and add pats of butter and mix thoroughly.
- Put into a aluminum pan and cover.
- Cook for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Add the zucchini and squash and mix thoroughly.
Note: can add more olive oil or butter if needed.
- Cook for another 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until potatoes are done.
- While the potatoes are baking, fry up some bacon.
- Drain and crumble.
- Once potatoes are done, mix bacon in with potatoes.
- Sprinkle some cheese over the potatoes.