Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Beef Satay & Spicy Peanut Sauce
1 pound beef top round steak, cut 1 inch thick
1⁄2 cup prepared oriental salad dressing
1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup milk
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Soak 12 six-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
- Cut steak into 1/8-inch strips; set aside.
- Combine marinade ingredients in medium bowl; reserve 1/2 for basting. Add beef strips; toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator up to 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Meanwhile combine sauce ingredients.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Thread beef, weaving back and forth onto each skewer.
- Place kabobs on grid and grill uncovered to desired doneness, turning once and brushing with remaining marinade.
- Serve with peanut sauce.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.