Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Grilled Oyster Shooters
8 fresh oysters in shells
1/3 cup Fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
hot pepper sauce to taste
salt to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil cooking grids.
- Place the whole oysters on the hot grill.
- Cook until they open, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the oysters from the grill
- Pry off the top shell.
Note: Heat resistant gloves may be necessary to protect you from the hot oysters.
Note: Slide a knife between the oyster and shell to disconnect.
- Top each one with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce and salt to taste.
- Serve in the shell while still warm.