Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ranch Burger with Carmelized Onion
Ranch Rub (Makes 3 tablespoons):
1 1⁄2 pounds ground beef
4 teaspoons Ranch Rub (recipe follows)
1 tablespoon butter
1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
4 hamburger buns, split
Romain lettuce, tomato slices
2 teaspoons sweet paprika
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Rach rub instructions:
- Combine all ingredients.
- Store in airtight container.
- Shake before using.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Lightly shape ground beef into four 3/4-inch thick patties.
- Press Ranch Rub onto patties.
- Place patties on grid and grill, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes to medium (160°F) doneness, until not pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and brown sugar; cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes or until onion is caramelized.
- Line bun bottom with lettuce and tomato. Top with burger. Evenly divide onion mixture over burgers. Close with bun top.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.