Makes: 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 1/2 hours
Simple Grilled Pineapple Milhojas
2 (5 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
3 sheets puff pastry
12 pineapple rings
1 pint citrus sorbet of your choice
- To make homemade dulce de leche, Remove and discard labels from cans of condensed milk.
- Place the unopened cans into a large saucepan and pour in enough water to cover by 1 or 2-inches.
- Bring water to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 3 hours.
- Drain, and allow cans to cool to room temperature before opening.
- Meanwhile, cook the puff pastry sheets according to package directions and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour the dulce de leche from one can evenly over a sheet of puff pastry.
- Place a second sheet of puff pastry over the first, then pour on the remaining can of dulce de leche.
- Top with the remaining puff pastry sheet, then cut into 12 triangles.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Grill the pineapple rings until warm and nicely marked.
- Serve each triangle on a dessert plate garnished with a grilled pineapple slice and a scoop of citrus sorbet.
Recipe courtesy Allrecipes.com.