Makes: 4 servings
BBQ Peach & Blueberry Pie
1 supermarket ready pie crust, uncooked
2 ripe peaches, sliced in about 16 wedges each
1 small basket blueberries
zest from 1 lemon (just the yellow outside)
1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoon flour
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat your grill to medium, and set for indirect cooking. (350-400ºF)
- Combine peaches, blueberries, sugar, 1/2 the flour and lemon zest - mix well
- Fold a large piece of aluminum foil in half and lay on work surface - large enough to fit under pie crust.
- Dust foil with remaining flour and lay pie crust on top.
- Place fruit mixture in middle of crust and fold sides around it - it will not cover the fruit, but will only come a couple of inches up the sides.
- Brush sides of dough with beaten egg.
- Lift and place foil with pie on grill.
- Close lid and cook until dough is beautifully browned and fruit has softened.
- Remove and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Rick Browne, www.barbecueamerica.com