Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Grilled Eggplant with Honey Mustard Syrup
1 pound eggplant
2 tablespoons good olive oil
2 - 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
Salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Fresh thyme (or other fresh herbs)
- Pre heat grill to medium heat.
- Trim the eggplant, then slice lengthwise in half-inch thick strips. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil and garlic. Brush the cut sides of the eggplant with oil/garlic mixture, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on the grill for about 8 minutes, turning halfway through.
- While eggplant grills, mix balsamic vinegar and honey in a small pan and bring to a boil. Let cook down til quite thick.
- Layer the grilled eggplant on a platter, drizzle with the syrup. Sprinkle with fresh thyme.