Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 3 - 8 hours
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Thai Grilled Chicken
2 tablespoons white peppercorns
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
1 cup minced fresh cilantro stems (optional)
3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
10 garlic cloves, minced
2 chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
2 chicken leg quarters (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Place peppercorns and coriander seeds in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook 1 minute or until toasted.
- Place peppercorns and coriander seeds in a spice or coffee grinder; process until finely ground.
- Combine the pepper mixture, cilantro (if desired), and next 4 ingredients (cilantro through garlic).
- Loosen skin from chicken breasts and thighs by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat.
- Rub the seasoning mixture under loosened chicken skin.
- Seal and marinate in refrigerator 3 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade.
- Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.
- Discard skin.
Recipe courtesy of COOKING LIGHT magazine.