Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Grilled Chicken Parmesan
1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
4 tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 ounces Parmesan, thinly sliced
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Place the eggplant and tomatoes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and brush both sides of the eggplant and tomato slices with 4 tablespoons of the oil.
- Season with 3/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Grill until tender, about 2 minutes per side for the tomatoes, 5 minutes per side for the eggplant.
Note: When grilling eggplants or other vegetables, make the slices thin, so the inside becomes tender before the outside turns black.
- Transfer to a large bowl and toss gently; the tomato slices will fall apart slightly.
- Brush the chicken with the remaining oil and season with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Grill until cooked through, about 6 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a cutting board and slice each breast into quarters.
- Spoon the eggplant and tomatoes over the chicken and top with the Parmesan.
Recipe courtesy of REAL SIMPLE magazine.