Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
3/4 pound ground pork
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 slices Canadian-style bacon
4 lettuce leaves
4 tomato slices
4 toasted sandwich buns
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Mix first 4 ingredients and shap into 4 patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Grill or broil for 4 minutes on each side, until an instant read thermometer reads 160ºF.
- Place patties on bottom half of toasted sandwich bun.
- Layer on Canadian-style bacon, lettuce and tomato.
- Top with remaining half of bun.
This simple chop recipe is perfect for the grill. It calls for boneless pork chops, but substitute any type of pork chops you have on hand. Serve with pasta salad and grilled vegetable kabobs.
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.